Market Drayton Town vs Tividale

NPL, Div 1 South
6th December 2014
Score: 2 : 2

Match Report

Evo-Stik Northern Premier

First Division South

Saturday 6th December 2014

Market Drayton Town FC 2 – 2 Tividale FC

Tividale get a point from trip to Market


Coming on the back of 4 straight league defeats. This was in the end a hard earned point in a game that Tividale took a two goal lead and still could have come away with nothing.

Despite plenty of Tividale possession a and looking threatening the first chance on 10 minutes fell to Market Drayton as Aiden Haughton fired wide and 6 minutes later it was Michael O’Reilly’s turn to fire from distance but that also flew well wide. Tividale’s first great chance came immediately after, when a Deqwon Ebanks effort was well saved by Drayton keeper Daniel Read and strike partner Karl Edwards just failed to reach the rebound. Drayton still carried the game to the visitors and Joseph Woolley will feel he should have done better with a header from an O’Reilly cross but again he failed to make Tividale keeper Charlie Price work. Tividale’s went agonisingly close on 30 minutes when a Ebanks header from a Zac Foster cross came back off the cross bar. Then Drayton’s early substitute Joe Donaldson struck the bar with the goal at his mercy. Tividale then had another great chance to take the lead when a Chris Fields shot was deflected over the line by Karl Edwards but it was ruled out for offside.

Tividale opened the scoring on 37 minutes when Edwards pounced on a Danny Ashton cross into the near post and gave Read no chance. On the stroke of half time Tividale should have extended their lead when David Bellis ran straight through the Drayton back line only to have his shot brilliantly blocked by Read, the ball fell nicely to Ashton with an open goal in front of him he took a touch but then shot wide of the post.

Half Time:- Market Drayton Town FC 0 – 1 Tividale FC

As in the first half it was Drayton who had the second half’s first effort on goal when a Cohen Bramall free kick was parried by Price but William Whieldon failed to control the rebound and he blazed over. On 57 minutes a Foster free kick was met by the head of Edwards but again Read saved well. Tividale doubled their lead on the hour when Ebanks got his reward for his hard work up front when he latched onto a poor Drayton clearance and beat Read with his shot. 6 minutes later Drayton halved the deficit when this time a Tividale error let in Jordan Johnson and he made no mistake when left one on one with Price. Drayton now had the momentum and poured men forward while Tividale were struggling to keep the ball out of their own half and on 76 minutes came the inevitable. Once again Tividale failed to clear the danger after a corner and a Whieldon cross was headed home by James Askey.

The final 14 minutes plus injury time was non stop action as Drayton pressed for the winner while Tividale slowly cleared their heads and began to exert some pressure in turn on the home side but they neither side could not find another goal with the best of the Tividale chances falling to Ashton and Bellis who force two great saves from Read.

Full Time:- Market Drayton Town FC 2 – 2 Tividale FC


Charlie Price
Chris Field
Luke Paskin
Andrew Parsons
Richard Huckfield
David Bellis
Sam Williams
Karl EdwardsGoal
Danny Ashton
Zac Foster
Deqwon EbanksGoal


Michael WardleSub
Jordan ArcherSub
Mitchell BotfieldSub